Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's in a name

Just a quick explanation of what feanen means. It comes from JRR Tolkien's Elvish language and means spirit-water. This is related to Chinese philosophy and 5-element theory. The water element is associated with long-term goal setting and planning. It is what allows people to come up with a plan to take care of any situation. The image to help picture this is a river flowing down to the ocean. You can put a dam in front of the river, but eventually it will spill over the dam and get past it. Any obstacle in the path of the river causes at most a delay. The water is going to get to the ocean. It may have to change course a few times, but nothing is going to stop it entirely.

This will be my trading blog. I think the above image represents my approach to trading reasonably well. The market will change over time and unpredictable things will happen, but I will do my best to keep the goal in mind and keep going.

For now, I wish to remain semi-anonymous. I generally leave comments on other blogs as jkw. I expect this to be a fairly math-heavy study of the markets. Feel free to ask for clarifications. This will mostly be for my own benefit, so that I have somewhere to write down the math that I have worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home